The Missouri City & Vicinity Branch:|
The purpose and aims of the Missouri City & Vicinity Branch of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People shall be to improve the political, educational, social, and economic status of minority groups; to eliminate racial prejudice; to keep the public aware of the adverse effects of discrimination; and to take lawful action to secure its elimination; consistent with the efforts of the national organization and in conformity with the Articles of Incorporation of the Association, its Constitution and Bylaws and as directed by the National Board of Directors.
The vision of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is to ensure a society in which all individuals have equal rights without discrimination.
The principal objectives of the Association are as follows:
- To ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of all citizens
- To achieve equality of rights and eliminate race prejudice among the citizens of the United States
- To remove all barriers of racial discrimination through democratic processes
- To seek enactment and enforcement of federal, state, and local laws securing civil rights
- To inform the public of the adverse effects of racial discrimination and to seek its elimination
- To educate persons as to their constitutional rights and to take all lawful action to secure the exercise thereof, and to take any other lawful action in furtherance of these objectives, consistent with the NAACP's Articles of Incorporation and this Constitution.
Contact us for more info...